Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy Studies (CFTS)
Offered jointly by the Ontario Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (OAMFT) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd), the Certificate Program in Couple and Family Therapy Studies provides an opportunity to:
- Take one or more course for professional development, or complete the 6 courses (3 core; 3 electives) required for the certificate
- If you are not yet a practitioner, explore a new career field and gain practical skills
- If you are a current practitioner, acquire specialization in Couple and Family Therapy to assist you in your current practice
- As a seasoned professional, keep abreast of key topics, approaches, and methods in therapy
- Network with other professionals in your field
- Work towards the course content requirements for AAMFT / OAMFT Clinical membership (www.rmft.oamft.com)
What are CFTS Graduates Saying About the Program?
- As a practicing mental health therapist with a graduate degree in social work, I was drawn to the Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy Studies to strengthen my existing clinical skills. The instructors were very welcoming, knowledgeable, and experts in the field. The courses provided the opportunity to build on and integrate knowledge and skills from previous courses, work experience, and my personal life. I would highly recommend this program to refresh, expand, and enhance one’s clinical skills. ~ Roxanne Ramjattan, Three Door Therapy, PhD Candidate, 2018 Graduate from the Couple & Family Therapy Studies Program.