Certificate in Couples and Family Therapy Studies
Offered jointly by the Ontario Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (OAMFT) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd), the Certificate Program in Couple and Family Therapy Studies provides an opportunity to:
- Take one or more course for professional development, or complete the 6 courses (3 core; 3 electives) required for the certificate
- If you are not yet a practitioner, explore a new career field and gain practical skills
- If you are a current practitioner, acquire specialization in Couple and Family Therapy to assist you in your current practice
- As a seasoned professional, keep abreast of key topics, approaches, and methods in therapy
- Network with other professionals in your field
- Work towards the course content requirements for AAMFT / OAMFT Clinical membership (www.rmft.oamft.com)
What are graduates saying about the CFTS program?
“The Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy Studies has been very helpful in my work with youth and family members where the youth is experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. The program increased my understanding of systemic theory and therapy models and integrating the course content with my practice has resulted in a greater competency in implementing a range of approaches to support my clients.” Justin Sage-Passant, Family Intervention Counselor, Family Reconnect Program, Eva’s Initiatives. 2016 CFTS graduate.
“The courses are great for clergy who work with families continually.” David Baker, D.Min BCCC, Lead Pastor, Immanuel Seventh-day Adventist Church. 2016 CFTS graduate.
NOTE: If you have something you would like to share with others, please email the Beverley Fretz, Manager, Program Development and share your experience (email@example.com)